Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Piña Colada Cupcakes w. Coconut Rum

With all this nice weather lately, I've been thinking about summer and vacationing. And for me, like many others I'm sure, I find vacations and Pina Coladas synonymous. I was inspired! So I searched for various recipes for Pina Colada Cupcakes and decided to combine the parts of the ones that sounded most delectible! I came up with this:


Pina Colada Cupcakes w. Coconut Rum & Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: 
(I know its a mouthful name, but wait till you try a mouthful of these cupcakes!)
What you will need:
  • 1 box White Cake Mix (look for "Super Moist" mixes)
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/3 cup coconut rum (I used Parrot Bay)
  • eggs (according to cake mix package)
  • veggie oil (according to cake mix package)
  • 8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
  • 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut (optional, but recommended)
Let's get started!


Preheat oven to temperature on cake mix package.
Add cake mix, eggs, and oil according to package instructions. Substitute the water (on package) for 1 cup pineapple juice and 1/3 cup coconut rum.
Blend ingredients well with electric mixer.
Add crushed pineapples. Make sure they were well drained, and mix until blended. Fold in coconut (optional but recommended!)


Bake accordingly to package instructions. 


When cupcakes are done, set aside to cool.


Stay posted for the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting that goes perfectly with this delicious sweet cupcake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment